Delta Health Direct is your connection to nurses, wellness coaches, and benefits and claims specialists who can help you stay healthy. It’s available to all Delta employees and their family members who are enrolled in the Delta medical option, and there’s no additional cost to use it as part of your health plan. Call with questions including:
- How do I find a new doctor?
- How can I avoid unnecessary trips to the ER?
- How do I treat a minor injury?
- What’s the best way to lose weight?
- How can I finally quit tobacco?
Delta Health Direct is also here to support you and/or a family member when dealing with an ongoing medical condition such as:
- Back pain
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Coronary artery disease
- Diabetes or prediabetes
- Heart disease—stable angina
- Heart failure
- Knee and hip replacement
- Men’s health—benign prostate disease, prostate cancer
- Women’s health—benign uterine conditions, breast cancer
Your nurse can help you live with your condition according to your doctor’s recommendations, understand your treatment options and the risks and benefits of each, and, if you choose, get a second opinion. If you require surgery, your nurse will walk you through what to expect during hospitalization and help you prepare for recovery.
Your nurse can help you learn how to care for your back to help potentially lower your pain level and improve your function. You will:
- Work one-on-one with a specially trained nurse
- Get personalized support, information about different treatment options and recommendations to help you work with your doctor more effectively
- Learn about self-care, exercises and additional resources online
If you require surgery, your nurse can connect you with a Spine and Joint Center of Excellence, where you’ll receive a greater benefit value for planned orthopedic surgeries.
Whether this is your first or third child, it’s important you receive the care you need during your pregnancy. Call Delta Health Direct and speak to an experienced UnitedHealthcare maternity nurse who will provide assistance, guidance and answers to your health questions from preconception through the first few weeks of your baby’s life. If necessary, the nurse will provide you with specialized support services for a high-risk pregnancy.
Hoping to become pregnant? Many couples face fertility challenges. While Delta’s medical plans do not cover fertility treatment, the ParentSteps program gives you access to a national infertility network and nurse consultant services to help you understand and manage the conditions associated with infertility.
If you have been diagnosed with cancer, Delta Health Direct is here to support you or your covered dependents. Delta Health Direct gives you and your family a source for personal support through a dedicated cancer nurse who can:
- Help answer your questions
- Help you with the emotional side of cancer
- Guide you to a doctor in your community or within the UnitedHealthcare Cancer Centers of Excellence (COE) network
Going to a Cancer COE for treatment may bring health care savings (i.e., the Delta plan will pay 100 percent coinsurance after you meet your deductible).
Have questions about what’s included in your benefits or a bill you’ve recently received? Speak with a benefits and claims specialist for help with questions such as:
- What options for treatment does my plan cover?
- What portion of the bill am I responsible for?
- Can you help me figure out if this cost should have been approved?